The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is an innovative gum disease treatment using laser gum surgery. Laser gum surgery presents a safe, effective alternative to traditional surgical gum disease treatment while providing significant advantages. Dr. James Finley, D.M.D. offers patients the option to have laser gum surgery in his Lafayette, LA practice.
Patients with periodontal disease previously had limited options for gum disease treatment. Traditional surgery, while effective, held many disadvantages for patients who were uneasy about dental surgery, had serious existing medical conditions, or could not afford the necessary downtime.
Benefits of Laser Gum Surgery
- Patients undergoing laser gum surgery report faster healing times due to the fact that this gum disease treatment requires no scalpels and no sutures.
- The no scalpel, no suture nature of laser gum surgery results in little to no gum recession. In traditional, surgical gum disease treatment, the gum tissue is cut to allow your doctor visibility and access to the surgical site, which can lead to gum recession. Laser gum surgery, however, affords Dr. Finley the opportunity to perform the procedure without having to cut into your healthy tissue, leaving it unharmed and intact.
- In this laser gum surgery, the PerioLase® MVP-7™ allows Dr. Finley to selectively target only the bacteria and diseased tissue, resulting in less downtime. Most patients return to work the day after gum disease treatment.
- The technique used to stimulate the bone and tissue in laser gum surgery, has been proven to regenerate bone.
- Laser gum surgery has no contraindications. This gum disease treatment does not interfere with any medications or create adverse reactions for patients with existing medical conditions.
Offering Laser Gum Surgery
For more information about the benefits that you may experience from laser gum surgery, contact our office for a consultation. Dr. Finley is trained and certified in LANAP protocol and would be pleased to help you determine if laser gum surgery is the right gum disease treatment for you.
Dr. James M. Finley, located in Lafayette, LA, is a Periodontist who serves patients from Lafayette, Crowley, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, St. Martinville, New Iberia, Abbeville, Maurice, and surrounding areas. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
Download the LANAP Laser Pack